One of the most important assets in most of our custody apart from mobile phone where we save our credentials and important data is definitely a computer. Its less portable compared to a mobile but facility wise, the most advanced and useful.
Starting from a large data storage space to professional works to chatting and using YouTube, every facility is easier while using a computer. Its speed and enormous amount of options gives us an ultimate sense of smoothness in all our works done through it.
The most important part of such an important and valuable device is definitely protection. Safeguarding the important files and passwords is really important There are many ways in protecting the computer. From the small passwords to multi protection passwords to anti viruses.
What Precautions Should Be Taken To Make a Computer More Secure
- Make sure your computer is not always using internet if its being used for long periods of time. Hackers always go for computers which use always on computer connection.
- Having a good firewall for your router will enable the safe content to be loaded and the unsafe content to be rejected. Upgrade it always to maximize the protection from the hacker’s eyes.
- Every system has an in build firewall like the windows firewall. Always enable it to get high protection.
- Keeping the computer up to date is a good way to minimize the security risks.
- Always have a proper anti virus which is up to date. Tons of anti viruses are available in market today but only a few give the best quality protection which you desire. I personally use McAfee but other anti viruses like avast, norton, kaspersky are also good anti viruses. Paid versions may give more facilities i suppose or you can always search for cracks. Make sure all facilities of the anti virus are on too else there is no use of having anti viruses.
- Don’t visit porn sites as they may contain harmful malware to jump into your computer.
- Make the passwords much harder for hackers to guess make sure its updated every 6 months at least for your safety.
- Use safe browsers like firebox, edge and chrome etc. Unsafe browsers maybe attractive but less safe and easily hackable.
- Never trust public Wi-Fis as they are easily hackable and your credentials can be lost within a blink of time.
- Leaving your computer unattended with on internet connection will always attract unwanted members in.
You May Also Like:
Use antivirus software
Anti Virus was mostly used for scanning malwares and viruses when connecting external storage devices or during file transfer in the past days. Today its the first defender against all harms for a computer offline and online. While surfing we come across tons of content and most are malicious in nature. The recent study conducted by the California University regarding the genuine content online showed that out of all stuff online, 84% is junk or spam or malicious in nature. Its quite scary.
Simply put, you come across 5-10 contents which are harmful in nature every single day. Even if you accidently access any of these contents, a good anti virus will stop the entry of malicious content. Many anti virus software are available in market today and most seems free but in order to get the maximum feature, we may have to upgrade to a premium version.
The security essentials coming with windows, free of cost is one of the best security too. Its available for version 8 or higher. The other top anti viruses may include Norton, McAfee etc. which always gives best results but need to keep up to date always.
Do not keep your password easy
Most computers will have a password to open it as the first line of security. Today, most computers only will have that only to say as security. Rest is anti virus. So its easier to access what’s inside just by breaking a single password. So the best option to protect the computer is to set multi passwords as protection and also make sure the passwords we are setting are not easily guessable.
It’s advisable to use a mix password of symbols, numerals and letters. So it wont be compromised very easily by any hacker. Other security includes the security firewall and all which is build in and if on, it will protect us big time.
Do not use public WiFi
Today in almost all metropolitan cities, public wifis are common and with good speed up to a particular run time, its attractive too. Most people wandering outside may opt for this but is it safe is question arising.
The answer is a big no. Its the easiest way for hackers to access your data and take control of the device. Transmitting signals publicly without any support or security may give away a free opportunity to hackers to have a go at your credentials.
Keep computer up-to-date
Keeping all features up to date along with the security software will give your computer a good fighting chance against most hackers. Simply updating one feature may not do the trick.
Backup your computer periodically
There may always be situations available for a reset of computer. In such situations backup files will play a major role. So regularly backup all the files which are important to you as it will help you much in case of any data loss.
You May Also Like:
Safety is very important when it comes to computers as its the biggest defense against malwares and hackers. A good computer will be safe and secure always with good security and with good security half of our tension regarding data being stolen is gone.
Always keep your computer software and security up to date in order to defend against new threats. Lessen the usage of data from unknown sources and always scan the external devices with the data. Make sure your wifi connections are safe and also dont leave the PC for a long time without any attention to it. Lets all create a good practice in protecting our privacy.